1. Her marriage to rapper Jay Z and portrayal of Etta James in Cadillac Records influenced her third album, I Am…
2. Beyoncé took a hiatus from music in 2010 and took over management of her career; her fourth album 4 , was distinguished from previous releases by its experimental production and exploration of darker themes.
3. Her sixth album, Lemonade , was released in conjunction with a short film of the same name.
4. A self-described “modern-day feminist”, her musical repertoire is often characterized by themes of love, relationships, and monogamy, as well as female sexuality and empowerment.
5. Her dynamic and highly choreographed on-stage performances have led many critics to consider her one of the most effective entertainers in contemporary popular music.
6. The Recording Industry Association of America recognized her as the Top Certified Artist in America during the 2000s and received their Millennium Award in 2011. Time listed her among the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013 and 2014.
7. Forbes magazine also listed her as the most powerful female musician of 2015.
8. Mathew is African-American, while Tina is of Louisiana Creole descent . She was raised in a Methodist household.
9. When Beyoncé was eight, she and childhood friend Kelly Rowland met LaTavia Roberson while in an audition for an all-girl entertainment group. After seeing the group, R&B producer Arne Frager brought them to his Northern California studio and placed them in Star Search, the largest talent show on national TV at the time.
10. In 1996, the girls began recording their debut album under an agreement with Sony Music, the Knowles family reunited, and shortly after, the group got a contract with Columbia Records.