1. A native of Kentucky, Hutcherson began his acting career in the early 2000s and appeared in several commercials and minor film and television roles before landing his first major role in 2002 in the pilot episode of House Blend.
2. In 2011, he landed the leading role of Peeta Mellark in the box office record-setting film series The Hunger Games, released annually from 2012 to 2015, for which he won ten minor awards out of twelve nominations.
3. During the same period he also played a lead role in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island .
4. Throughout his career, Hutcherson has expressed an interest in directing and producing.
5. He has served as an executive producer in Detention , while also playing a lead role in each film.
6. His mother said that he “bugged us so much” into becoming an actor, Luke advised them to go to Los Angeles and begin auditioning Hutcherson for TV pilots.
7. At the time, his only acting experience had been in a Kroger television commercial and a Vacation Bible School training film.
8. In 2005, Hutcherson appeared in several Hollywood films while trying to establish himself in the industry.
9. He has expressed his pleasure in working and bonding with the four different dogs who played his canine co-star.
10. The film was panned by critics, achieving only a 12 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the lowest score of any film Hutcherson has acted in.