1. Paul Reiser is an American comedian, actor, television personality and writer, author and musician.
2. He is most widely known for his role in the 1990s TV sitcom Mad About You.
3. Reiser was born in New York City, the son of Helen, a homemaker, and Sam Reiser, a wholesale health food distributor. His family is Jewish.
4. After developing his skills as a stand-up comedian, Reiser had a breakout film role in 1982 when he appeared in Diner, a coming-of-age film directed by Barry Levinson.
5. He followed this success by playing a detective in Beverly Hills Cop .
6. Reiser starred as one of two possible fathers of a teenage girl in the TV sitcom My Two Dads , a comedy series he co-created, in which Helen Hunt co-starred as his on-screen wife.
7. In 2001, Reiser played a dramatic role as a man desperate to locate his biological mother, after learning he has a serious illness, in the British TV film My Beautiful Son.
8. The two embarked on an acoustic tour after its release. Early in his career, Resier was the opening act for Manchester, she warned him that music audiences can be rough on comedians and that the last comedian that opened for her, left the stage in tears.
9. Reiser reflects about this warning and on how he then bombed at the Concord Hotel.
10. Reiser scripted and starred in the semi-autobiographical comedy series The Paul Reiser Show, which aired on NBC as a mid-season replacement during the 2010–11 TV season. “This is nice”, commented Reiser on the Stephanie Miller radio program, “because you get to sit around and root for other shows to fail.”