1. She began acting in the 1990s, appearing in several television series, including American Gothic .
2. Wood made her début as a leading film actress at the age of nine in Digging to China .
3. Since 2008, Wood has appeared in more mainstream films, including The Wrestler .
4. Her personal life, particularly her relationship with Marilyn Manson, to whom she was previously engaged, has attracted press attention. In 2012, she married English actor Jamie Bell, with whom she has one son.
5. Her father, Ira David Wood III, is a locally prominent actor, singer, theater director, and playwright; he is the Executive Director of a local regional theatre company called Theatre in the Park. Her mother, Sara Lynn Moore (b.
6. Her paternal aunt, Carol Winstead Wood, was a Hollywood production designer.
7. She was subsequently home-schooled and received her high school diploma at age 15.
8. Wood began her career appearing in several made-for-television films from 1994 onward, also playing an occasional role in the television series American Gothic.
9. For that role, she was nominated for Best Leading Young Actress at the Young Artist Awards. That same year, Wood played a supporting role in the Andrew Niccol-directed science fiction satirical drama film, S1m0ne, which starred Al Pacino.
10. She played the role of Tracy Louise Freeland, one of two young teens who sink into a downward spiral of hard drugs, sex, and petty crime.