1. Elena Anaya Gutiérrez is a Spanish actress whose career dates back to 1995.
2. She is also known for her lead role in the erotic lesbian romance film Habitación en Roma . She played the villain Isabella Maru/Doctor Poison in the 2017 superhero film Wonder Woman.
3. Anaya was born in Palencia, Castilla y León, Spain. She is the youngest of three children.
4. Her mother, Elena , is a housewife who later owned a boarding house in Palencia.
5. Her father, Juan José Anaya Gómez , was an industrial engineer.
6. Anaya first received international attention in 2001 for her role in the sexually explicit drama Sex and Lucía.
7. In August 2011, Spanish tabloid magazine Cuore published photographs of Anaya kissing director Beatriz Sanchís at a naturist beach in Menorca.