1. Iwan Rheon is a Welsh actor, singer and musician, best known for portraying Ramsay Bolton in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
2. He has also portrayed Simon Bellamy in the E4 series Misfits, Ash Weston in the ITV sitcom Vicious, and will play Maximus Boltagon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe show Inhumans.
3. When he was five years old, his family moved to Cardiff. He attended Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf where he began acting in school drama productions at age 17.
4. He was later spotted at a National Eisteddfod of Wales, before studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
5. At age 17, Rheon joined Welsh language soap Pobol Y Cwm, in which he originated the role of Macsen White, but later left to train at LAMDA. His first notable stage part came in Eight Miles High, which was staged in 2008 at the Royal Court Theatre in Liverpool.
6. Also in 2008, he was cast as the haunted Moritz Stiefel in the London production of the Tony Award-winning rock-musical, Spring Awakening. He played this role from January 2009 at the Lyric Hammersmith and continued when the show was transferred to the Novello Theatre, until it closed in May 2009, five months earlier than planned.
7. He plays nervous, shy Simon Bellamy, who gains the superpower of invisibility and precognition in season 3.
8. In 2011 he also appeared in the final episode of Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
9. In 2011, he was nominated for a Golden Nymph in the “Outstanding Actor – Drama Series” category for his role in Misfits.
10. In May 2012, it was announced that he had signed on to the gritty drama Driven.
11. In 2013, Rheon was cast as the villainous psychopath Ramsay Bolton in the HBO series Game of Thrones.