1. His career began as a backup dancer; he later became known for a high-profile two-year marriage to American recording artist Britney Spears and the child custody battle that followed.
2. Kevin Earl Federline was born on March 21, 1978, in Fresno, California, to parents Mike and Julie , a car mechanic and former bank teller from Oregon, respectively; his surname is of German origin.
3. In the ninth grade, Federline dropped out of high school and began dancing with a nonprofit organization called Dance Empowerment.
4. After the separation, Federline began a relationship with pop singer Britney Spears.
5. He also appeared in the 2004 movie You Got Served, and subsequently guest-starred in an episode of CSI that premiered in October 2006.
6. On October 1, 2007, a court ruling granted Federline sole physical custody of his children, with legal custody to be decided.
7. On July 26, 2008, court papers were filed stating Federline would retain sole legal and physical custody of the children while Spears would get visitation rights that would increase over time.
8. In addition to this, Federline will receive $20,000 per month from Spears in child support as well as additional funds to cover any custody-related legal expenses.
9. Following poor critical reaction, neither song was included on his debut album. He released his debut album, Playing with Fire, on October 31, 2006, to mostly negative reviews.
10. Federline has been signed to model for the Five Star Vintage line by the San Francisco-based Blue Marlin clothing company.
11. The initial series of ads ran in August 2006 and was subsequently extended for Christmas 2006.