1. Ronald Dee “Ron” White is an American stand up comedian and actor, best known as a charter member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
2. Ronald Dee White was born on December 18, 1956 in Fritch, Texas, to Charles Don White and Barbara Joan Craig.
3. According to his own account, White joined the service at age 17 and served on the auxiliary rescue and salvage ship USS Conserver near the end of the Vietnam War. He is an avid fisherman but from a young age his dream was to become a comedian.
4. He lived in Mexico for a brief period and bought a pottery factory there before returning to America to pursue comedy.
5. During January 2000 through March 2003, White toured with Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, and Larry the Cable Guy as part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour – a show that sold out across the United States in over 90 cities and grossed over $15 million. He made seven guest appearances on Blue Collar TV. In 2005, The WB Television Network aired the pilot for The Ron White Show, a variety show that combined a number of celebrity cameos, cartoons, and sketches.
6. He taped several episodes of The Gong Show with Dave Attell as one of the celebrity judges.
7. White has appeared in the TV shows Kath & Kim, Reno 911!, 12 Miles of Bad Road, the films Sex and the City 2 and Horrible Bosses, and a cameo in a Rascal Flatts music video, “Why Wait”.
8. White is known for drinking Scotch as part of his act, as well as smoking cigars.
9. In 2010, Ron White and producer Michael Blakey formed Organica Music Group , a label that promotes both emerging and established musicians and comedians.
10. In November 2015, White announced that he was running for President of the United States as an independent candidate in 2016.
11. On September 7, 2008, White was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after an anonymous tip informed Vero Beach, Florida police that White’s private plane would be carrying narcotics.