1. Since then he has appeared in a wide number of films, and is best known for his work as Llewellyn Moss in No Country for Old Men, young Agent K in Men in Black 3, George W. Bush in W. and Dan White in Milk, for which he received Academy Award and SAG Award nominations for Best Supporting Actor.
2. Other roles include Hollow Man, In the Valley of Elah, American Gangster, True Grit, and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
3. He has also made two appearances through motion capture and voice acting as the villain Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a role he is slated to reprise in the upcoming 2-part Avengers: Infinity War film.
4. Brolin was born in Santa Monica, California, the son of Jane Cameron , a wildlife activist who was a native of Corpus Christi, Texas, and actor James Brolin. His parents divorced when he was 16 years old.
5. In 1998 his father married his third wife, singer/actress Barbra Streisand.
6. Brolin explained in a 2014 interview that during his teenage years, he was a member of a surfing friendship group who called themselves the “Cito Rats”.
7. In his description of the group, he stated: “It was Santa Barbara.
8. You either had the children of rich, neglectful parents or children of poor, neglectful parents, so it was a mix.
9. He admitted to stealing cars to pay for his drug use, which included heroin, a drug that he explained he did not like: “I mean, I never got into it and I never died from it, which is a good thing.”
10. The majority of the friends that he grew up with died; he confirmed the total number of fatalities as 24.
11. Brolin started his career in TV films and guest spots on TV shows before getting a more notable role as Brand Walsh in the Richard Donner-directed film The Goonies . He was considered for the role of Tom Hanson in the series 21 Jump Street; he and Johnny Depp were the finalists for the role, and at that time the two became close and remained friends.