1. Eva Jacqueline Longoria is an American actress, producer, director, activist and businesswoman.
2. Eva began to raise her profile after having roles as Isabella Braña on the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless from 2001 to 2003.
3. In 2004 she signed as Gabrielle Solis on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives.
4. For her work on Desperate Housewives, she received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy and five Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations, winning two.
5. She married actor Tyler Christopher in 2002, and the pair were divorced by 2004.
6. She married French basketballer Tony Parker in 2007; the pair divorced in 2011.
7. Eva Jacqueline Longoria was born on March 15, 1975, in Corpus Christi, Texas, the youngest of four daughters born to Mexican American and Enrique Longoria, Jr.
8. Longoria received her Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology at nearby Texas A&M University-Kingsville. During this time, she won the title of Miss Corpus Christi, USA in 1998.
9. After completing college, Longoria entered a talent contest that led her to Los Angeles; shortly after, she was spotted and signed by a theatrical agent.
10. Longoria landed her first television role in 1999 after meeting Executive Producer Gary Ghiaey at a political reception in Los Angeles.
11. Ghiaey hired her to host the weekend destination segment of his television show L.A. In A Day. After leaving The Young and the Restless, Longoria appeared in the Dick Wolf revival of Dragnet.
12. Following Dragnet, she starred in Señorita Justice, a poorly received direct-to-video film, and a television film titled The Dead Will Tell.