1. He is known for his role as Dr. Ephraim Goodweather on the American television horror/suspense series The Strain on the FX network, as well as Congressman Peter Russo in House of Cards, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination in 2013.
2. He was a regular cast member on the NBC drama series Law & Order: LA in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Ant-Man.
3. Other notable roles include a 2004 Off-Broadway performance of Intimate Apparel, portraying Ernest Hemingway in the 2011 romantic comedy film Midnight in Paris and bulldog prosecutor Fred Wyshak in Black Mass.
4. Stoll was born on the Upper West Side of New York City, New York. He is the son of Judith and Stephen Stoll, who is the co-founder of The Beacon School.
5. Stoll was raised Jewish. He studied drama at Long Lake Camp for the Arts from 1988 through 1992.
6. He was a Drama Department graduate of Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
7. In 2004, Stoll received a Drama Desk Award nomination as Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play for Intimate Apparel, opposite Tony winner and Oscar nominee Viola Davis.
8. He went on to appear in several films, including North Country, Lucky Number Slevin, the television film A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, and Push.
9. Stoll, who is mostly bald, wore a custom wig for the role.
10. In 2014, Stoll also played Austin Reilly, an NYPD police officer, in the action film Non-Stop, and Paul Altman in the comedy-drama This Is Where I Leave You.
11. In 2015, Stoll played Ben Day in the film Dark Places, based on the novel by Gillian Flynn,
12. Stoll and his girlfriend, actress Nadia Bowers, became engaged in October 2014.