1. He rose to prominence playing the role of Jon Snow in the HBO television series Game of Thrones ,
2. Harington was born in Acton, London, and his patrilineal great-grandfather was Sir Richard Harington, 12th Baronet.
3. Harington was a pupil at the Southfield Primary School from 1992 to 1998.
4. He attended Worcester Sixth Form College, where he studied Drama and Theatre .
5. When he was 17, he was inspired to attend a drama school after seeing a performance by Ben Whishaw as Hamlet in 2004.
6. Before acting, Harington originally wanted to become a journalist, a cameraman, or a war correspondent. The play won two Olivier Awards and gained Harington a great deal of recognition.
7. He was later cast in his second play Posh, a dark ensemble comedy about upper-class men attending Oxford University.
8. The show debuted in 2011 to great critical acclaim and positive reviews and was quickly picked up by the network for a second season.
9. Harington made his cinematic debut in 2012 as Vincent in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
10. The horror film was based on the survival horror video game Silent Hill 3, and was a sequel to the film Silent Hill.
11. Production for the film commenced in 2013 and took place in and around Toronto.
12. Some scenes were also shot in the actual city of Pompeii itself. The film was a modest box office success and received mixed reviews from critics.