1. Kerr has launched her own brand of organic skincare products, KORA Organics, and has written a self-help book.
2. Kerr was born in Sydney She is the daughter of Therese and John Kerr.
3. Her family moved to Brisbane to allow Kerr and her brother to experience city life.
4. At age 13, Kerr entered and won the 1997 annual Dolly magazine/Impulse model competition.
5. She was flown to Sydney a week before her 14th birthday to shoot for the magazine.
6. The controversy raised concerns about the glorification of young girls within the fashion, beauty, and entertainment industries.
7. Of the press, Kerr said: “In the media at the time they were trying to cling on to anything remotely to do with paedophilia.
8. Dolly is a magazine for teenage girls, not for old men.
9. She received considerable commercial exposure after a series of beachwear ads predominantly for Australian surf chain Billabong, in which Kerr modelled surf brands Tigerlily, Roxy, Billabong Girls, and One Teaspoon.
10. This increased her profile in the Australian and Asian markets, after which Kerr relocated to New York where she became co-owner of the Bowery Ballroom.
11. In New York, Kerr had a multitude of runway appearances and then signed with NEXT Model Management in early 2004.
12. She debuted with the United States market when she signed a lucrative cosmetics contract with Maybelline New York.