1. She is known for portraying the character of Jenny Humphrey on the CW television series Gossip Girl . She fronts the rock band The Pretty Reckless.
2. Her parents are Michael and Collette Momsen and she has a younger sister, Sloane Momsen, who is also an actress.
3. She has Russian ancestry. She studied dance at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis.
4. Momsen was signed with Ford Models at the age of two of what she says “My parents signed me up with Ford at the age of 2.
5. No 2-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice.
6. Momsen is included on the list of Unclaimed Coogan accounts for performing children whose partial childhood earnings are mandated to be put in a special fund, but who have yet to claim their earnings.
7. Momsen attended the Professional Performing Arts School in Manhattan for high school education alongside Connor Paolo, Gregori Lukas and Sarah Hyland.
8. Also at this time, Momsen appeared in the 2006 film Saving Shiloh.
9. She also auditioned for the title role in Hannah Montana, and was in the top three, but the role was instead awarded to Miley Cyrus—a decision that Momsen was happy with, in retrospect. In 2007 she starred in the Walt Disney Pictures film Underdog, as Molly and as Jennifer in the movie Paranoid Park, directed by Gus Van Sant.
10. Beginning in 2007, she played the character of Jenny Humphrey in The CW television series Gossip Girl, which is based on the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar.
11. It was then announced that the actress would be scheduled for an indefinite hiatus from the show, which ultimately resulted in her leaving the series as a regular cast member, following the completion of the fourth season in 2011.
12. Later that year, on August 16, 2011, Momsen told Elle magazine that she had quit acting to focus on her music career.