1. He is best known for his role as Charles “Trip” Tucker III on Star Trek: Enterprise and as Michael on the series Stargate Atlantis.
2. Trinneer was born on March 19, 1969, in Walla Walla, Washington, but spent many years in Kelso, Washington, where he attended elementary and middle schools, and then Kelso High School.
3. He attended Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. While at PLU, he played college football.
4. He graduated with a bachelor of fine arts degree in acting and went on to obtain a master of fine arts degree from the University of Missouri–Kansas City.
5. Trinneer first came to attention in Arcadia at the Huntington Theater Company in Boston.
6. Much of his work to date has been in theater, specifically a long association with the Circle X Theatre Company in Hollywood.
7. He has had several guest-starring roles on television, including One Life to Live, Sliders, and Touched by an Angel.
8. He said that he gained the role of Tucker through sheer luck, as he anticipated that more than a hundred actors would audition for the part.
9. During the audition, he had only seven pages of a script on which to base his performance and was told only that the character originated from the southern United States.
10. After the cancellation of Enterprise, Trinneer returned to guest-starring roles on series such as Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and 24, and a recurring role as the Wraith Michael in Stargate Atlantis.
11. Trinneer attended the GO3 Electronic and Entertainment Expo in Perth, Western Australia, and appeared with fellow Stargate Atlantis co-star David Nykl on the 2009 Channel Seven Perth Telethon.
12. Trinneer married Ariana Navarre on May 29, 2004; they have a son, born in 2005.