1. Mary-Kate Olsen is an American fashion designer, producer, author, businesswoman and former actress.
2. She co-founded luxury fashion brands The Row, Elizabeth and James, and the more affordable lines Olsenboye and StyleMint alongside her twin sister Ashley Olsen.
3. Along with Ashley, Olsen was cast at the age of nine months to share the role of Michelle Tanner on the ABC sitcom Full House.
4. In the early 1990s, she and Ashley established a company, Dualstar, which produced a long string of TV movies and direct-to-video releases featuring the girls.
5. The Olsens continued to release direct-to-video films up to the early 2000s, along with starring in the 1995 feature film It Takes Two.
6. In 1997, the Olsen twins guest starred in an episode of Sister, Sister, alongside rival twin actresses Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry.
7. The former lasted one season while the latter ran for two seasons.
8. These ventures, combined with an array of licensing deals for their names and likenesses, made Olsen wealthy at a young age.
9. Olsen and her sister became co-presidents of Dualstar upon their eighteenth birthday.
10. In March 2012, both Mary-Kate and Ashley indicated their interest to retire as actresses in order to focus on their careers in fashion. Mary-Kate and Ashley felt that their futures were in fashion, and not in acting.
11. They discussed wanting to open a store as one of their future fashion-based endeavors.
12. In 2015 it was announced that John Stamos signed on with Netflix to produce and co-star in Fuller House, a spin-off Full House that would reunite the original cast members for a 13-episode series.
13. Mary-Kate and Ashley originally announced in May 2015 that they will not reprise their role as Michelle Tanner.