1. Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren is a Swedish American former nanny, model and the ex-wife of professional golfer Tiger Woods.
2. Her mother, Barbro Holmberg, is a politician and the former Swedish migration and asylum policy minister, and the current Governor of Gävleborg County.
3. Her father, Thomas Nordegren, is a radio journalist who served as a bureau chief in Washington, D.C. She started modeling in 2000, and appeared on the cover of Cafe Sport magazine in the summer of 2000.
4. Nordegren took a job in a Stockholm clothing store called Champagne, where she met Mia Parnevik, wife of Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik, who hired Nordegren as the nanny to their children, a job that required her to move full-time to the U.S. He introduced her to Woods during the 2001 Open Championship.
5. Previously, Woods had asked for a year to be introduced to Nordegren, who was seeing someone else at the time.
6. “She had no interest in Tiger and he was OK with that,” Mia Parnevik said.
7. “There was a big line of single golfers wanting to meet her.
8. They were gaga over her.” She had hopes at the time of becoming a child psychiatrist.
9. In November 2003, Woods and Nordegren attended the Presidents Cup tournament in South Africa and became officially engaged when Woods proposed at the luxury Shamwari Game Reserve.
10. They were married in October 2004, by the 19th hole of the Sandy Lane resort in Barbados.
11. Woods rented the entire complex for a week, including three golf courses and 110 rooms, costing almost $2 million.
12. Using the $100 million she received from her divorce from Woods, she purchased a $12 million Florida mansion, which had been built in the 1920s.
13. She had the entire structure demolished after an architect advised that it made better sense to start over than to try bringing the home up to current hurricane safety codes.