1. She is best known for her role as Mystique in the X-Men films and Joan from The Punisher , both from Marvel Comics.
2. She also had a recurring role as Alexis Meade on the television series Ugly Betty.
3. During her marriage to actor John Stamos, she was often credited as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and legally still uses this name.
4. Rebecca Romijn was born on November 6, 1972, in Berkeley, Alameda County, California. Her mother, Elizabeth and textbook author.
5. On The Ellen DeGeneres Show, when questioned about always being glamorous and beautiful, Romijn revealed that in her early teens, she was in fact an insecure “drama geek” and that, as a result of her growth spurt, she suffered from scoliosis and was constantly in pain.
6. Many sources say that she was once nicknamed the “Jolly Blonde Giant” because of her 5 feet 11 inches at the University of California, Santa Cruz, she became involved with fashion modeling and eventually moved to Paris, where she lived for more than two years.
7. In these movies her costume consisted of blue makeup and some strategically placed prosthetics on her otherwise nude body.
8. The role has since been recast with Jennifer Lawrence in the role.
9. She also has starred in movies such as Rollerball, The Punisher playing a woman named Joan and Godsend.
10. She played the leading role in Pepper Dennis, a short-lived TV series on The WB Television Network.
11. In January 2007, Romijn made her first appearance on the ABC series Ugly Betty as a full-time regular cast member. She plays Alexis Meade, a male-to-female transsexual and the sibling of lead character Daniel Meade.
12. In April 2008, however, it was reported that Romijn would only be appearing as a recurring character in Season 3 due to a change in direction by the writing staff .
13. Romijn starred in the ABC series Eastwick, Romijn appeared as lab worker Jessie on the Adult Swim live-action show NTSF:SD:SUV:: for two seasons.