1. Jason Matthew Biggs is an American actor and comedian best known for his roles as Jim Levenstein in the American Pie comedy film series, and Larry Bloom in the Netflix original series Orange Is the New Black.
2. Biggs initially gained recognition from his role in the soap opera As the World Turns, for which he was nominated for the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 1995.
3. Biggs was born in the Pompton Plains section of Pequannock Township, New Jersey.
4. He grew up in Hasbrouck Heights and attended Hasbrouck Heights High School,
5. In 1988, he received his Screen Actors Guild card for appearing in a TV commercial for Pathmark.
6. He later recalled in a 2015 interview in TV Guide, “I remember I had to eat a doughnut in one of the shots.
7. When Biggs was 12, he starred in a one-off HBO special, The Fotis Sevastakis Story, but due to licensing arguments, it was never aired.
8. That same year, Biggs debuted on Broadway in Conversations with My Father with Judd Hirsch.
9. Biggs attended New York University briefly from 1996–1997, but soon afterwards, he returned to pursue acting.
10. He then starred in American Pie, which went on to become an international hit that has spawned three sequels .
11. After that, Biggs accepted starring roles in movies such as Loser in 2000, and others.
12. He appeared in the 2002 Broadway production of The Graduate as Benjamin Braddock alongside Kathleen Turner and Alicia Silverstone.
13. Biggs has appeared in several other films, including Texas Rangers and Over Her Dead Body.