1. She is best known for her role as Counselor Deanna Troi on the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation and the four feature films that followed, as well as other appearances in the Star Trek franchise.
2. In 1976, at the age of 21, Sirtis graduated from Guildhall and began her career by joining the Connaught Theatre.
3. In 1986, at the age of 31, Sirtis emigrated to the United States, settling in Los Angeles, to boost her career.
4. Sirtis started her career as a member of the repertory company at the Connaught Theatre, Worthing, West Sussex, in 1976.
5. Before her role in Star Trek, Sirtis was featured in supporting roles in several films.
6. In the 1983 Faye Dunaway film The Wicked Lady, she engaged in a whip fight with Dunaway.
7. In the film Blind Date, she appears as a prostitute who is murdered by a madman.
8. Other early works include numerous guest-starring roles on British television series.
9. She also played the stewardess in a 1979 Cinzano Bianco television commercial starring Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins, in which Collins was splattered with drink.
10. Gene Roddenberry decided to switch them, and Macha Hernandez became Natasha Yar.
11. Sirtis recalls that on the day she received the call offering her the role of Deanna Troi, she was actually packing to return to Britain, because her six-month visa had expired.
12. Her Betazoid abilities allow her to read the emotions of others.
13. Initially, the writers found it difficult to write for Troi and even left her out of four of the first-season episodes.