1. She is the daughter of actor John Aniston and actress Nancy Dow.
2. Aniston gained worldwide recognition for portraying Rachel Green on the popular television sitcom Friends , a role which earned her a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
3. The character was widely popular during the airing of the series and became recognized as one of the 100 greatest female characters in United States television.
4. Aniston has played the female protagonist in a number of comedies and romantic comedy films.
5. She is the co-founder, in 2008, of the production company Echo Films.
6. In 2012, Aniston received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
7. Divorced from actor Brad Pitt, to whom she was married for five years, she is now married to actor Justin Theroux.
8. Aniston was born February 11, 1969, Her father is Greek and a native of Crete, while her mother was born in New York City.
9. One of her maternal great-grandfathers, Louise Grieco, was an Italian immigrant
10. As a child, Aniston lived in Greece for a year with her family.
11. They then moved to Eddystone, Pennsylvania, where they lived with her grandmother Stella Anastassakis in a three-bedroom home.
12. In 2015, Aniston spoke about a childhood incident that led to lifelong fear of water.
13. She stated during a special event for her film Cake , “I basically have a real fear of going underwater.