1. Faith Hill is an American country pop singer and occasional actress.
2. She is one of the most successful country artists of all time, having sold more than 40 million records worldwide. Hill is married to country singer Tim McGraw, with whom she has recorded several successful duets.
3. She later rose to mainstream, crossover and international fame with the release of her next two albums, Faith .
4. Faith spawned her first international hit, “This Kiss”, and went multi-platinum in various countries.
5. Breathe became her best-selling album to date and one of the best-selling country albums of all time, with the huge crossover success of her signature songs, “Breathe” and “The Way You Love Me”.
6. It had massive sales worldwide and earned Hill three Grammy Awards, including Best Country Album.
7. Hill has won five Grammy Awards, 15 Academy of Country Music Awards, six American Music Awards and several other awards.
8. Her Soul2Soul II Tour 2006 with McGraw became the highest-grossing country tour of all time. In 2001, she was named one of the “30 Most Powerful Women in America” by Ladies Home Journal.
9. She was adopted as an infant, and named Audrey Faith Perry.
10. She was raised in the nearby town of Star, 25 miles outside of Jackson.
11. By the time she was a teenager, Hill was a regular performer at area churches, even those not in her own Baptist denomination. At 17, Hill formed a band that played in local rodeos.
12. She graduated from McLaurin Attendance Center in 1986, and briefly attended college at Hinds Junior College in Raymond, Mississippi. At age 19 she quit school to move to Nashville and pursue her dream of being a country singer.
13. “Fries, burgers, cash register – I did it all, I hated it,” she has said.