1. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge , is the wife of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
2. Following his father Charles, Prince of Wales, William is second in line to succeed his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, as monarch of the United Kingdom and 15 other Commonwealth realms.
3. Middleton grew up in Chapel Row, a village near Newbury, Berkshire, England. She studied art history in Scotland at the University of St Andrews, where she met William in 2001.
4. Their engagement was announced on 16 November 2010, and she attended several royal events before they married on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey.
5. The Duke and Duchess have two children: Prince George and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, who are respectively third and fourth in line to the British throne.
6. She has had a major impact upon British and American fashion, which has been termed the “Kate Middleton effect”,
7. Michael and Carole Middleton worked for British Airways, in Amman, Jordan, from May 1984 to September 1986.
8. She also worked until January 2011 at Party Pieces; her role within the family business included catalogue design and production, marketing and photography.
9. Two newspaper groups, News International, which publishes The Times and The Sun; and the Guardian Media Group, publishers of The Guardian, decided to refrain from publishing paparazzi photographs of her.
10. Prince William was away on military operations in the Caribbean, serving aboard HMS Iron Duke.
11. The couple decided to break up during a holiday in the Swiss resort of Zermatt. Newspapers speculated about the reasons for the split, although these reports relied on anonymous sources.
12. Middleton and her family attended the Concert for Diana at Wembley Stadium, where she and Prince William sat two rows apart.
13. The couple were subsequently seen together in public on a number of occasions and news sources stated that they had “rekindled their relationship”.