1. Born in Saint Michael, Barbados, her career began upon meeting record producer Evan Rogers in late 2003 through mutual friends; she recorded demo tapes with his guidance.
2. Her tape was sent to several record labels, and she subsequently signed a contract with Def Jam Recordings after auditioning for its then-president, hip-hop producer and rapper Jay Z. Both her debut album, Music of the Sun peaked in the top ten on the US Billboard 200; the former featured the commercially successful song “Pon de Replay” while the latter produced her first Billboard Hot 100 number-one single, “SOS”.
3. She rose to widespread prominence and became a household name with the release of her third studio album, Good Girl Gone Bad , and its chart-topping lead single “Umbrella.”
4. The album and its 2008 Reloaded re-release were nominated for nine Grammy Awards, winning Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for “Umbrella”.
5. From 2009 to 2012, following a highly publicized altercation with then-boyfriend, entertainer Chris Brown, she annually released four Recording Industry Association of America .
6. She has achieved thirteen number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the youngest and fastest solo artist to accomplish this record.
7. Rihanna is known for frequently reinventing her style and image, most notably since Good Girl Gone Bad. eight American Music Awards, 23 Billboard Music Awards, and two BRIT Awards.
8. The same year, Time named Rihanna one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
9. At the American Music Awards of 2013, she received the first ever Icon Award.
10. On June 2, 2014, Rihanna received the Fashion Icon lifetime achievement award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America .
11. Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born on February 20, 1988, in Saint Michael, Barbados.
12. Her mother, Monica Braithwaite, is a retired accountant of Afro-Guyanese background, and her father, Ronald Fenty, is a warehouse supervisor of Barbadian and Irish descent. She grew up in a three-bedroom bungalow in Bridgetown and sold clothes with her father in a stall on the street.
13. Before signing to Def Jam Recordings, Rihanna was discovered in her home country Barbados by American record producer Evan Rogers.