1. Jamie Lynn Spears is an American actress, singer, and the younger sister of pop singer Britney Spears.
2. In 2005, she came to prominence after being cast in the Nickelodeon television series Zoey 101, where she portrayed the title character Zoey Brooks.
3. In 2007, sixteen-year-old Spears generated controversy after she announced that she was pregnant.
4. She gave birth to daughter Maddie Aldridge the following year, effectively sending her career into hiatus.
5. In 2013, Spears relaunched her career as a country music recording artist, and released her debut single “How Could I Want More” from her first LP.
6. She attended Parklane Academy, where she was a cheerleader and point guard of the basketball team.
7. In February 2002, Spears made her acting debut in the Paramount Pictures drama film Crossroads which starred her sister, who portrayed the central character Lucy Wagner.
8. Spears portrayed various roles through the two seasons she appeared in as well as herself.
9. In August 2004, Spears signed a development deal with Nickelodeon in which she would star as the protagonist in her own scripted television series that would air on the network.
10. Spears portrayed the role of Zoey Brooks and centered on Zoey and her friends who attend a fictional boarding school, Pacific Coast Academy .
11. Spears recorded the series theme song, titled “Follow Me”, which was written by her sister Britney Spears.
12. In December 2007, Variety announced Spears had signed on to guest appear in the ABC comedy sitcom series Miss Guided, in which she played the role of the promiscuous high school student Mandy Fener in the episode “Hot Sub” which aired on March 20, 2008.
13. That same year Spears voiced the role of Goldilocks in the direct-to-DVD animation film Unstable Fables: Goldilocks & 3 Bears Show.
14. The film is the third and final installment of the Unstable Fables trilogy.