1. Ezra Matthew Miller is an American actor, singer, musician and model.
2. He starred as the title character in the drama We Need to Talk About Kevin .
3. In 2015, he co-starred in the drama The Stanford Prison Experiment and in the comedy Trainwreck.
4. He also plays Barry Allen / The Flash in the DC Extended Universe which he first appeared as in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
5. Miller was born and raised in Wyckoff, New Jersey. His father is Jewish and his mother, who has German and Dutch ancestry, is from a Christian background.
6. When he was six, Miller started to train as an opera singer, to help him overcome a speech impediment.
7. Miller began his film career in 2008 with the Antonio Campos’s Afterschool, in which he played a teenager at a boarding school. After that, Miller appeared in City Island , with Andy Garcia, Julianna Margulies, and Steven Strait, and co-starred in Beware the Gonzo and Every Day, both of which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
8. The film became a Cannes Film Festival sensation, winning critical acclaim. He appeared on Royal Pains as Tucker Bryant for two seasons.
9. Warner Bros. announced that he will star as Barry Allen / The Flash in a live-action film adaptation of the DC Comics character The Flash set to be released in 2018.
10. He first appeared as the character in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and will reprise the role in Justice League.
11. Miller has described himself as queer, specifying: “The way I would choose to identify myself wouldn’t be gay.
12. I’ve been attracted mostly to ‘shes’ but I’ve been with many people and I’m open to love wherever it can be”; and that he has “a lot of really wonderful friends who are of very different sexes and genders.
13. I am very much in love with no one in particular”.
14. On June 28, 2011, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he was shooting The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Miller was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over for a broken brake light, and police discovered that he had 20 grams of marijuana in his possession. He was initially charged with drug possession, but the charge was later dropped by a judge.