1. His films are characterized by non-linear storylines, satirical subject matter, an aestheticization of violence, utilization of ensemble casts consisting of established and lesser-known performers, references to pop culture, soundtracks primarily containing songs and score pieces from the 1960s to the 1980s, and features of neo-noir film.
2. Tarantino grew up as a devoted film fan and worked at Video Archives, a video rental store, while training to act.
3. In the early 1990s, he began his career as an independent filmmaker with the release of Reservoir Dogs in 1992; regarded as a classic and cult hit, it was called the “Greatest Independent Film of All Time” by Empire.
4. Its popularity was boosted by his second film, Pulp Fiction , a black comedy crime film that was a major success both among critics and audiences.
5. Judged the greatest film from 1983–2008 by Entertainment Weekly, For his next effort, Tarantino paid homage to the blaxploitation films of the 1970s with Jackie Brown , an adaptation of the novel Rum Punch.
6. Kill Bill, a highly stylized “revenge flick” in the cinematic traditions of Kung fu films, Japanese martial arts, Spaghetti Westerns and Italian horror, followed six years later, and was released as two films: Volume 1 in 2003 and Volume 2 in 2004.
7. It became the highest-grossing film of his career so far, making over $425 million at the box office.
8. His eighth film, the mystery Western The Hateful Eight, was released in its roadshow version December 25, 2015, in 70 mm film format, complete with opening “overture” and halfway-point intermission, after the fashion of big-budget films of the 1960s and early 1970s.
9. He was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time in 2005.
10. Tarantino was born on March 27, 1963 in Knoxville, Tennessee, to Tony Tarantino, an entertainer and actor, and Connie .
11. She married him soon after, to gain independence from her parents, but the marriage did not last.
12. Connie Tarantino left Los Angeles, and moved to Knoxville, where her parents lived.
13. They lived in the South Bay, in the southern part of the city.
14. Zastoupil encouraged his love of movies, and accompanied him to numerous film screenings.