1. Darren John Boyd is an English actor who starred in the Sky 1 series Spy, for which he won a BAFTA award. His work in television and film spans comedy and drama.
2. He began acting at age 17 in amateur theatre and performed in local productions from 1989 to 1995.
3. Boyd co-starred in the BBC comedy Kiss Me Kate , which ran for three years.
4. In 2001, he collaborated with Victoria Pile on a new series Los Dos Bros, an off-beat sitcom exploring physical comedy and the relationship between Boyd and Cavan Clerkin as the titular brothers.
5. During this time Boyd was cast in the American NBC series, Watching Ellie, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
6. Holy Flying Circus was nominated for a BAFTA for Best Single Drama.
7. From 2011-2013, Boyd starred in the Sky 1 series Spy which won him a BAFTA for his performance.
8. In 2014, Boyd reunited with his Watching Ellie costar Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a guest appearance on her HBO series Veep in the episode “Special Relationship”.
9. Boyd was part of the ensemble cast of Sky Atlantic drama series Fortitude, which premiered simultaneously in the UK and US in early 2015.
10. He won praise from critics and audience alike for playing Markus Huseklepp, the immensely creepy feeder, which was a turn from the likable, comedy characters that he is otherwise known for.
11. Following Fortitude, Boyd briefly returned to comedy in the lead role of Matthew Bunton in the ITV situation comedy The Delivery Man.
12. Feature films in which Boyd has appeared include High Heels and Low Lifes .
13. Boyd co-starred in the BBC Radio 4 comedy ElvenQuest as Vidar the Elf Lord.
14. Boyd currently lives in London with his wife, nutritionist Amanda Ashy-Boyd .