1. For much of the mid-1990s, Hamm lived in Los Angeles, making appearances in television series Providence, The Division, What About Brian, and Related.
2. In 2000, he made his feature film debut in the space adventure film Space Cowboys.
3. The following year, he had a minor role in the independent comedy, Kissing Jessica Stein .
4. Hamm gained wide recognition when Mad Men began airing in July 2007.
5. His performance earned him the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama in 2008 and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2015.
6. In 2008, Hamm appeared in a remake of the science fiction film The Day The Earth Stood Still.
7. His first leading film role was in the 2010 independent thriller Stolen.
8. Hamm has received 16 Primetime Emmy Award nominations for his performances in Mad Men, 30 Rock .
9. He provided his voice to the animated film Shrek Forever After in 2010, and in 2015, he starred in the animated film Minions.
10. Hamm was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the son of Deborah and Daniel Hamm.
11. Hamm attended the private John Burroughs School in Ladue, where he was a member of the football, baseball, and swim teams. His father died when he was 20.
12. Hamm has known actor Paul Rudd for many years, and visited him in Hollywood in 1992.
13. Not wishing to stay in a “normal career”, Hamm moved to Los Angeles permanently in 1995
14. Finding employment as an actor was difficult, despite representation by the William Morris Agency he was dropped by William Morris.
15. In the series, set in a fictional 1960s advertising agency, he plays a suave advertising executive with an obscure past.