1. Moore dropped out of high school at age 16 to pursue an acting career, and appeared in a nude pictorial in Oui magazine in 1981.
2. After making her film debut later that year, she appeared on the soap opera General Hospital and subsequently gained recognition for her work in Blame It on Rio (1984) and St. Elmo’s Fire (1985).
3. Her first film to become both a critical and commercial hit was About Last Night… (1986), which established her as a Hollywood star.
4. In 1990, Moore starred in Ghost, the highest-grossing film of that year, which brought her a Golden Globe nomination.
5. She had a string of additional box-office successes over the early 1990s with A Few Good Men (1992), Indecent Proposal (1993), and Disclosure (1994).
6. In 1996, Moore became the highest-paid actress in film history when she was paid a then-unprecedented fee of $12.5 million to star in Striptease, a film that was a high-profile disappointment.
7. Her next role, G.I. Jane (1997), was followed by a lengthy hiatus and significant downturn in Moore’s career, although she has remained a subject of substantial media interest during the years since.
8. Moore took her professional name from her first husband, musician Freddy Moore, and is the mother of three daughters from her second marriage to actor Bruce Willis.
9. She was married to her third husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, from 2005 to 2013.
10. Her biological father, Air Force airman Charles Harmon, Sr. Moore said in 1991, “My dad was Dan Guynes.
11. There is a man who would be considered my biological father who I don’t really have a relationship with.” Moore learned of him at age 13, when she found her mother and stepfather’s marriage certificate and inquired about the circumstances since “I saw my parents were married in February 1963.
12. Moore and Guynes briefly reconciled shortly before Guynes died of cancer in July 1998 at age 54.
13. Moore was cross-eyed as a child; this was ultimately corrected by two operations.
14. Demi Moore co-wrote three songs with Freddy Moore and appeared in the music video for their “It’s Not a Rumor,” performed by his band The Nu Kats.
15. Moore also appeared on the cover of the January 1981 issue of the adult magazine Oui, in which she posed for a series of photographs containing full frontal nudity. In 1990, she told another interviewer, “I was 17 years old.