1. She formed a musical team she called Selena Gomez & the Scene after signing a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008; they released the studio albums Kiss & Tell (2009), A Year Without Rain (2010), and When the Sun Goes Down (2011) before beginning a hiatus in 2012.
2. Gomez entered the film industry with star billings in feature films including Ramona and Beezus (2010), Monte Carlo (2011), and Hotel Transylvania (2012).
3. She embraced an increasingly mature public image with her star billing in the film Spring Breakers (2013) and her 2013 debut solo studio album, Stars Dance.
4. The latter project debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 and spawned the Billboard Hot 100 top-ten single “Come & Get It.”
5. Gomez was released from her recording contract with Hollywood Records following the completion of her greatest hits album For You (2014).
6. She subsequently signed with Interscope Records to continue work on her second studio album, Revival (2015).
7. Its release was preceded by the top-five single “Good for You.”
8. She has worked with numerous organizations for charitable causes, and has most notably worked with UNICEF for several years.
9. In the fall of 2010, Gomez launched a clothing line she called “Dream Out Loud” through Kmart; the brand features all material that was made from eco-friendly or recycled material.
10. We do everything that’s Catholic, but we don’t really have anything traditional except Gomez has two siblings.
11. Her sister, Gracie Elliot Teefey, was born to Amanda and her second husband Brian Teefey on June 12, 2013.
12. I’m terrified of what I would have become if I’d stayed She later added that “(My mom) was really strong around me.
13. She gave up everything for me, had three jobs, supported me sacrificed her life for me.”
14. Her grandparents often took care of Selena while her parents finished their schooling, and the pair went as far as stating that they “raised her” up until she found success in the entertainment industry.
15. Selena first gained an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry watching her mother prepare for stage productions.