1. Alison Loren Sudol is an American alternative singer-songwriter, pianist and actress.
2. Her debut album, One Cell in the Sea, was released in 2007, followed in 2009 by Bomb in a Birdcage.
3. Born in Seattle, Washington to two dramatic arts teachers, Sudol and both parents moved to Los Angeles after their divorce, when she was five years old.
4. She is the daughter of Sondra West-Moore and acting coach John Sudol.
5. She graduated from high school at the age of 16, and considered herself “nerdy and quiet.”
6. Sudol did not “drink or smoke or do anything like that.”
7. She stated in an interview “I was so nervous about going into college like that and super young.
8. I figured I would take two years and try to find out what I was doing with music.
9. Sudol had a passion for literature, and immersed herself in the works of C. S. Lewis, E. B. White, Lewis Carroll, Anthony Trollope, and Charles Dickens.
10. After teaching herself to play the piano, she began putting her creative energy into writing songs.
11. In March 2007, Sudol appeared at the South by Southwest conference, opening for The Stooges.
12. In mid-2007, she secured another opening spot, this time for Rufus Wainwright on his tour.
13. In March and April 2008, Sudol headlined her own tour in the US and Canada, and in April she toured France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.
14. In September 2008, she was the star act on the opening night of the New Pop Festival organized by the German broadcaster SWR3.
15. She returned to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland on a headline tour in November 2008 and played in the Super Bock em Stock festival in Portugal in December 2008.