1. He began his acting career portraying Michael Kelso in the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show, which aired for eight seasons.
2. He made his film debut in the romantic comedy Coming Soon and became known by audiences in the comedy film Dude, Where’s My Car?, which was a box office hit.
3. In 2003, he appeared in romantic comedies Just Married and My Boss’s Daughter and the same year created, produced and hosted Punk’d which aired on MTV for five seasons until its revival in 2012 which has since completed its ninth season.
4. In 2004, Kutcher starred in the lead role of the psychological film The Butterfly Effect and gained public recognition.
5. Subsequently, Kutcher appeared in more romantic comedies including Guess Who (2005), and A Lot Like Love (2005), his recent ones include What Happens in Vegas (2008) and No Strings Attached (2011).
6. From 2011 to 2015, he starred as Walden Schmidt on the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men, replacing Charlie Sheen.
7. Kutcher was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Diane (Finnegan), a Procter & Gamble employee, and Larry M. Kutcher, a factory worker. He has an older sister named Tausha and a fraternal twin brother named Michael, who had a heart transplant when the brothers were young children.
8. Michael also has cerebral palsy and is a spokesperson for the advocacy organization Reaching for the Stars. Michael’s cardiomyopathy caused Ashton’s home life to become increasingly stressful.
9. Kutcher attended Washington High School in Cedar Rapids for his freshman year, before his family moved to Homestead, Iowa, where he attended Clear Creek Amana High School.
10. During high school, he developed a passion for acting and appeared in school plays.
11. However, Kutcher’s home life worsened as his parents divorced when he was 16.
12. During his senior year, he broke into his high school at midnight with his cousin in an attempt to steal money; he was arrested leaving the scene.
13. Kutcher was convicted of third-degree burglary and sentenced to three years’ probation and 180 hours of community service.
14. Kutcher stated that although the experience “straightened him out”, he lost his girlfriend and anticipated college scholarships, and he was ostracized at school and in his community.
15. Kutcher enrolled at the University of Iowa in August 1996, where his planned major was biochemical engineering, motivated by the desire to find a cure for his brother’s heart ailment. Kutcher stated, “I thought I knew everything but I didn’t have a clue.
16. I was partying, and I woke up many mornings not knowing what I had done the night before.
17. I am amazed I am not dead.” called “The Airliner” in Iowa City and was recruited to enter the “Fresh Faces of Iowa” modeling competition.