1. He is known for his lead film roles in the comedy-drama Inside Llewyn Davis .
2. He starred in the seventh Star Wars film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens , as the titular supervillain Apocalypse.
3. He also headlined the HBO miniseries Show Me a Hero, as politician Nick Wasicsko in 2015.
4. Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle, and a Cuban pulmonologist father, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano. He has described his evangelical Protestant upbringing as “very Christian.”
5. While in Miami, he played lead guitar and sang vocals for his band the Blinking Underdogs.
6. Isaac liked to cause trouble at the private grade school he attended when growing up.
7. “I set off a fire extinguisher in the gym, defaced a mural, just stupid stuff,” he said in an interview.
8. At one point, his teacher had to screen off his desk from the rest of the class with a piece of cardboard.
9. He also had small roles in All About the Benjamins and Guerrilla, Part Two of the Che Guevara biopic Che.
10. Later that year, he portrayed a security guard in the film W.E., which was directed by Madonna and released in September 2011.
11. In the same month, Isaac starred in the crime drama Drive.
12. He also had a role in 10 Years, in which he played a musician.
13. He has made an appearance in the television series Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
14. In 2013, Isaac starred in the film Inside Llewyn Davis, written and directed by the Coen brothers.
15. Oscar Isaac played a talented yet unsuccessful folk singer in a drama set in Greenwich Village in 1961. For the role of Llewyn, Isaac received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
16. In 2015, Isaac portrayed Nathan in the science fiction film Ex Machina, playing Poe Dameron, an X-wing pilot.
17. He also returned to voice Poe in the video game Disney Infinity 3.0.