1. Eva Jacqueline Longoria is an American actress, producer, director, activist and businesswoman.
2. Longoria’s career began in 1998, when she won the title of Miss Corpus Christi, and later began entering talent contests that led her to Los Angeles; shortly after, she was spotted and signed by a theatrical agent.
3. Eva began to raise her profile after having roles as Isabella Bra?a on the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless from 2001 to 2003.
4. In 2004 she signed as Gabrielle Solis on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives.
5. For her work on Desperate Housewives, she received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy and five Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations, winning two.
6. She has also starred in films such as Harsh Times (2005), The Sentinel (2006), and Over Her Dead Body (2008).
7. Longoria is also known for her charity work and was named as the ‘Philanthropist of the Year’ by The Hollywood Reporter.
8. She married actor Tyler Christopher in 2002, and the pair were divorced by 2004.
9. She married French basketballer Tony Parker in 2007; the pair divorced in 2011.
10. Eva Jacqueline Longoria was born on March 15, 1975, in Corpus Christi, Texas, the youngest of four daughters born to Mexican American (Tejano) parents Ella Eva (Mireles) and Enrique Longoria, Jr.
11. Longoria received her Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology at nearby Texas A&M University-Kingsville. During this time, she won the title of Miss Corpus Christi, USA in 1998.
12. After completing college, Longoria entered a talent contest that led her to Los Angeles; shortly after, she was spotted and signed by a theatrical agent.
13. She returned to graduate work in 2010 and received her master’s degree in Chicano Studies from California State University, Northridge in May 2013.
14. Longoria landed her first television role in 1999 after meeting Executive Producer Gary Ghiaey at a political reception in Los Angeles.
15. Ghiaey hired her to host the weekend destination segment of his television show L.A. In A Day. After leaving The Young and the Restless, Longoria appeared in the Dick Wolf revival of Dragnet.
16. Following Dragnet, she starred in Se?orita Justice, a poorly received direct-to-video film, and a television film titled The Dead Will Tell.
17. In 2003, Longoria was cast as Gabrielle Solis in the ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives, later commenting on her career success by stating, “I think it’s funny when people say I’m an overnight sensation, because I’ve been working at it for 10 years.” Shortly after her debut on Desperate Housewives, Longoria starred in a direct-to-video film titled Carlita’s Secret, for which she was also co-producer.