1. He was selected as a Wooden Award All-American in both 2007 and 2008 as a Jayhawk.
2. Rush played high school basketball at Westport High School in Missouri and Mt.
3. Considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, Rush was listed as the No. 2 small forward and the No. 13 player in the nation in 2005. After withdrawing from the 2005 NBA draft, he committed to play collegiately at Kansas under Bill Self.
4. He was also the first freshman ever to be named to the First Team All-Big 12, before Kevin Durant did it the following season for the Texas Longhorns.
5. He was selected as the preseason Co-Player of the Year in the Big 12, along with fellow Jayhawk Julian Wright.
6. In 2007, he earned a position on the All-Tournament Team in the Big 12 Tournament.
7. On April 26, 2007, Rush announced his intentions to enter the 2007 NBA draft, but he did not sign with an agent.
8. He had planned to enter the 2007 NBA draft had he not been injured, but returned to play for Kansas.
9. On June 1, 2007, the torn ACL was successfully repaired. After rehabilitation, He returned to play in November, and became a starter soon afterward.
10. On 27 October 2010, it was reported that Rush had, in fact, suffered the ACL injury during an illegal workout conducted by Rodney Heard, director of East Coast scouting for the New York Knicks; Isiah Thomas, then-president of the Knicks, is said to have known of the secret workouts.
11. After returning to the starting lineup, he led Kansas to a national title in the 2008 NCAA championship.
12. He was named Most Valuable Player in the national semifinal game against North Carolina, with 25 points and 7 rebounds.
13. Rush was selected 13th overall by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2008 NBA draft.
14. He was then traded to the Indiana Pacers, along with Jarrett Jack and Josh McRoberts, for Jerryd Bayless and Ike Diogu.
15. On December 19, 2011, Rush was traded to the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Louis Amundson.
16. On August 1, 2012, Rush re-signed with the Warriors on a two-year, $8 million contract. An MRI the next day revealed a torn ACL.
17. The extent of the injury ruled him out for the remainder of the 2012–13 season.
18. On July 10, 2013, Rush was traded, along with Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedriņš and several draft picks, to the Utah Jazz in a three-team trade that brought Andre Iguodala and Kevin Murphy to the Warriors.