1. Nicholas Jerry “Nick” Jonas (born September 16, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter and actor, best known as one of the Jonas Brothers, a pop rock band he formed with his brothers Kevin and Joe.
2. The Jonas Brothers originally started as an attempted solo singing career for Nick Jonas, but the record producer liked the sound when his brothers sang backup for him.
3. Nick starred in the Disney Channel original movies Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, as well as the TV series Jonas L.A., alongside his brothers.
4. He formed the band Nick Jonas & The Administration, which released its first album in 2010.
5. Jonas currently stars in the DirectTV drama series Kingdom which premiered on the Audience Network in the fall of 2014.
6. He released his self-titled studio album the same year, preceded by the single “Jealous”.
7. In the fall of 2015, Jonas was also cast in a recurring role on the first season of the Fox horror comedy anthology series Scream Queens.
8. Nicholas Jerry Jonas was born in Dallas, Texas. He was raised in Wyckoff, New Jersey and homeschooled by his mother.
9. Nick is of Italian (from a great-grandfather), German, English, Irish, Scottish, Cherokee, and French-Canadian descent. He has two older brothers, Kevin (born 1987), Joe (born 1989) and a younger brother, Frankie (born 2000).
10. Jonas’s career started when he was discovered at the age of six in a barber shop, while his mother was getting her hair cut and was referred to a professional show business manager. At the age of 7, he began performing on Broadway.
11. He had acted in several plays, including A Christmas Carol (in 2000 as Tiny Tim and Scrooge at eight), Annie Get Your Gun (in 2001 as Little Jake), Beauty and the Beast (in 2002 as Chip), and Les Misrables (in 2003 as Gavroche).
12. In 2002, while performing in Beauty and the Beast, Jonas wrote a song with his father called “Joy to the World (A Christmas Prayer).”
13. With background vocals from the Beauty and the Beast cast, Nick recorded the song on the 2002 annual Broadway “Equity Fights AIDS” album, Broadway’s Greatest Gifts: Carols for a Cure, Vol. 4.
14. In November 2003, INO Records received a demo copy of “Joy to the World (A Christmas Prayer)”. The label released the song to Christian radio, where it quickly became popular on Record & Radio’s Christian Adult Contemporary Chart.
15. He was soon jointly signed to INO Records and Columbia Records and released the single “Dear God”. A second single, “Joy to the World (A Christmas Prayer)” (a re-recorded version), was released on November 16.
16. It was supposed to be followed by a December release of a self-titled solo album Nicholas Jonas, but the album was pushed back. Nick, along with his brothers, Kevin and Joe, co-wrote songs for the album.
17. In early 2005, Columbia Records’ new president, Steve Greenberg, heard Jonas’ record.
18. While Greenberg did not like the album, he did like Nick’s voice.