1. Ryan Matthew Stout is an American stand-up comedian and television host.
2. Stout was born in Cleveland, Ohio, grew up in El Paso, Texas, He attended The College of Santa Fe , but left the school after his first year.
3. He later enrolled at San Francisco State University as a Creative Writing major.
4. Stout first performed stand-up on his seventeenth birthday at a high school talent show. He continued to perform, although only a handful of times, at various poetry open-mics while attending the College of Santa Fe.
5. In June 2001 he moved to San Francisco, California where the comedy scene allowed him more frequent stage time.
6. He ingrained himself there for the next few years, performing over three hundred shows each year.
7. He was one of the last residents of the San Francisco Comedy Condo.
8. Ryan Stout was awarded the Eagle Scout rank in 1997 and is a member of the National Eagle Scout Association.
9. That same year he filmed pilot episodes for two separate television shows for MTV, “I.Q.” and a remake of the hit show “Singled Out,” co-hosted by, Miss USA 2006, Tara Conner.
10. His debut album Touché was released on December 6, 2011, on Comedy Central Records.
11. He was featured as “The Announcer” in the “Crickets” music video for hip hop group Drop City Yacht Club.
12. On January 27, 2016, he appeared on Comedy Central’s program @midnight with Chris Hardwick
13. ^ a b c d e f g h i Pullen, Doug “The life of Ryan: Comedian from El Paso finds his niche by poking fun where few dare”, “El Paso Times, December 18, 2011, retrieved 2013-05-21
14. ^ a b A.V. Club “WTF With Marc Maron Episode 302 – Ryan Stout”, “A.V. Club, August 6, 2012, retrieved 2013-05-21
15. ^ MTV Press “Have Another Round on MTV… “A Shot at Love 2”, “MTV Press, April 03, 2008, retrieved 2013-05-21
16. ^ Loeffler, William “Ryan Stout suits up for outrageous stand-up comedy”, Tribune-Review, October 30, 2008, retrieved 2011-07-11
17. ^ a b Hamilton, Jon “Interview with Comedian Ryan Stout”, “Brown Paper Tickets, September, 2011, retrieved 2013-05-21