1. Adriana Lima (Brazilian Portuguese: since 2000 (being their longest-running model), as a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics from 2003 to 2009 and for her Super Bowl and Kia Motors commercials.
2. At the age of 15, Lima finished first in Ford’s “Supermodel of Brazil” competition, and took second place the following year in the Ford “Supermodel of the World” competition before signing with Elite Model Management in New York City.
3. In 2012, she came in 4th on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $7.3million in one year.
4. In 2013, she came in 3rd place and in 2014 she came in 2nd place with earnings of $8 million.
5. Lima is multiracial of Portuguese-Brazilian, Swiss, African, Japanese and Native (Indigenous) descent.
6. Lima never thought about being a model, although she had won many beauty pageants in elementary school. However, she had a friend at school who wanted to enter a modeling contest and did not want to enter alone, so Lima entered with her.
7. Both sent in pictures, and the contest sponsor soon asked Lima to come out for the competition.
8. Soon after, at the age of 15, she entered and finished in first place in Ford’s “Supermodel of Brazil” model search.
9. She subsequently entered the 1996 Ford “Supermodel of the World” contest and finished in second place.
10. Three years later, Lima moved to New York City and signed with Elite Model Management.
11. After acquiring representation, Lima’s modeling portfolio quickly began to expand, and she appeared in numerous international editions of Vogue and Marie Claire.
12. Lima became a GUESS? girl in 2000, appearing in that year’s fall ad campaign.
13. She also appeared in the book A Second Decade of Guess?
14. Lima continued to build upon her portfolio, doing more print work for Maybelline, for whom she worked as a spokesmodel from 2003 Lima has also worked for notable fashion brands bebe, Armani, Versace, BCBG and Louis Vuitton.
15. She also appeared on the covers and in the editorials of other fashion magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE, GQ, Arena, Vogue, V, Esquire and French Revue des Modes.
16. In 2007 and 2008, she ranked as the world’s fourth highest paid supermodel by Forbes Magazine.
17. In 2008, she again fronted the cover of GQ, this time, attracting a record number of visits to the publication’s website.
18. In February 2008, Lima was featured on the cover of Esquire, re-creating the classic 1966 Angie Dickinson cover on Esquire’s 75th anniversary.
19. She became the face of Donna Karan’s spring 2012 advertising campaign, which was accused of having racist undertones due to a photo featuring Lima posing in front of huddled local Haitians.