1. The first or maternal family name is dos Santos and the second or paternal family name is Aveiro.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro GOIH (born 5 February 1985), known as Cristiano Ronaldo (Portuguese pronunciation:), is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Portugal national team.
3. By the age of 22, Ronaldo had received Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year nominations.
4. The following year, in 2008, he won his first Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards.
5. He followed this up by winning the FIFA Ballon d’Or in 2013 and 2014.
6. In September 2015, Ronaldo scored his 500th senior career goal for club and country.
7. Often ranked as the best player in the world Ronaldo is the first Portuguese footballer to win three FIFA/Ballons d’Or, and the first player to win four European Golden Shoe awards.
8. In January 2015, Ronaldo was named the best Portuguese player of all time by the Portuguese Football Federation, during its 100th anniversary celebrations. With Manchester United and Real Madrid, he has won three Premier Leagues, one La Liga, one FA Cup, two Football League Cups, two Copas del Rey, one FA Community Shield, one Supercopa de Espa?a, two UEFA Champions Leagues, one UEFA Super Cup and two FIFA Club World Cups.
9. Ronaldo began his career as a youth player for Andorinha, where he played for two years, before moving to C.D. Nacional.
10. In 2007 and 2008, Ronaldo was named FWA Footballer of the Year, and was named the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year.
11. In 2009 he won the FIFA Pusks Award for Goal of the Year.
12. He became the world’s most expensive player when he moved from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2009 in a transfer worth 80million ( 94million/$132million).
13. Ronaldo made his international debut for Portugal in August 2003, at the age of 18.
14. He has since been capped over 100 times and has participated in 6 major tournaments: three UEFA European Championships (2004, 2008 and 2012) and three FIFA World Cups (2006, 2010 and 2014).
15. Ronaldo is the first Portuguese player to reach 50 international goals, making him Portugal’s all-time top goalscorer as well as the country’s top scorer in the European Championship with 6 goals.
16. He scored his first international goal in the opening game of Euro 2004 against Greece, and helped Portugal reach the final.
17. He took over captaincy in July 2008, and he led Portugal to the semi-finals at Euro 2012, finishing the competition as joint-top scorer in the process.
18. In November 2014, Ronaldo became the all-time top scorer in the UEFA European Championship (including qualifying) with 23 goals.
19. Ronaldo was born in Santo Antnio, a neighbourhood of Funchal, Madeira, the youngest child of Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro, a cook, and Jos Dinis Aveiro, a municipal gardener.