1. Lopez has appeared on several television series, in films, and on Broadway.
2. He is best known for his portrayal of A.C. Slater on Saved by the Bell, whom he also portrayed as a regular on Saved by the Bell: The College Years.
3. He has appeared in numerous projects since, including the third season of Dancing with the Stars and as host for the syndicated entertainment news magazine show Extra.
4. In 2012, he co-hosted the second season of American version of The X Factor with Khloé Kardashian, and was the sole host for the third season.
5. Mario Lopez was born on October 10, 1973 in San Diego, California, to Elvia, a telephone company clerk, and Mario Sr., who worked for the municipality of National City. He graduated from Chula Vista High School in 1991, where he wrestled for Chula Vista at the weight class of 160 lbs placing 2nd in the San Diego Section and 7th in the state of California in 1991 as well.
6. He was raised in a large Catholic family of Mexican descent .
7. Pablo. That same year, he was cast as a drummer and dancer on Kids Incorporated.
8. In March 1987, he was cast as a guest star on the popular sitcom The Golden Girls as a Cuban boy named Mario who faces deportation.
9. In 1989, Lopez was cast as A.C. Slater in the popular television sitcom Saved by the Bell, a role which lasted five years.
10. In 1997, Lopez starred as Olympic diver Greg Louganis in the television movie Breaking the Surface: The Greg Louganis Story.
11. The following year, he was cast as Bobby Cruz in the USA Network series Pacific Blue.
12. In March 2006, Lopez joined the cast of the daytime soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful playing the role of Dr. Christian Ramirez.
13. He also made an appearance on George Lopez as a police officer in late 2006.
14. Lopez also guest-starred as a reporter for Extra Sesame Street in the Sesame Street episode “The Veggie Monster” in 2012.
15. Lopez and Courtney Mazza have a reality show on VH1 called Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby which premiered on November 1, 2010.
16. On February 4, 2015, Lopez reunited with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Elizabeth Berkley, Dennis Haskins and Tiffani Thiessen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where they appeared in a Saved by the Bell sketch with Fallon.
17. In the fall of 2006, Lopez signed on as a contestant on the third season of Dancing with the Stars on ABC with professional partner and then-girlfriend Karina Smirnoff who was making her series debut.
18. They finished in second place, losing to the team of Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke.
19. In 1992, he hosted his first series on NBC called Name Your Adventure.