1. She is best known for her leading role as Carrie Bradshaw on the HBO television series Sex and the City .
2. She was also an executive producer on the show, and won two Emmy Awards, for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2001 and Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 2004.
3. Parker made her Broadway debut in 1976 aged 11, in the revival of The Innocents, before going on to star in the title role of the Broadway musical Annie in 1979.
4. In addition to her two Emmy wins, she also won four Golden Globe Awards and three Screen Actors Guild Awards for Sex and the City.
5. She reprised her role of Carrie Bradshaw in the films Sex and the City: The Movie .
6. Sarah Jessica Parker was born in Nelsonville, Ohio, the daughter of Barbara Parker .
7. She has said that even while her family lived in Cincinnati, her mother emulated a New York lifestyle.
8. There, her mother and stepfather helped Parker develop her career as a child actress.
9. In 1977, the family moved to the newly opened planned community on Roosevelt Island, in the East River between Manhattan and Queens, and later to Manhattan.
10. The family later moved to Englewood, New Jersey, where Parker attended Dwight Morrow High School.
11. Parker attended the School of American Ballet in New York City,
12. Parker and four siblings appeared in a production of The Sound of Music at the outdoor Municipal Theatre in St. Louis, Missouri. She was selected for a role in the new 1977–81 Broadway musical Annie: first in the small role of “July” and then succeeding Andrea McArdle and Shelley Bruce in the lead role of the Depression-era orphan, beginning March 1979.
13. In 1982, Parker was cast as the co-lead of the CBS sitcom Square Pegs.
14. In 1986, Parker appeared in the cult classic Flight of the Navigator, a Disney science fiction film.
15. In 1991, she appeared in a supporting role in the romantic comedy L.A. Story; both the movie and her performance garnered positive reviews. The following year, she landed a starring role in the well-received film Honeymoon in Vegas, co-starring Nicolas Cage.
16. The film Miami Rhapsody, in 1995, was a romantic comedy in which she had a leading role.
17. In 1996, she appeared in another Tim Burton-directed movie, Mars Attacks!, as well as in The First Wives Club and The Substance of Fire, in which she reprised her 1991 stage role.
18. In 1997, she appeared as Francesca Lanfield, a washed-up former child actress, in the comedy Till There Was You.
19. The script for an HBO drama/comedy series titled Sex and the City was sent to Parker.