1. Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen (born October 24, 1981), better known by her stage names Tila Tequila, Tila Nguyen and Miss Tila, is an American model, television personality, singer, songwriter, actress, writer and blogger.
2. She first gained recognition for her active presence on social networking websites.
3. After becoming the most popular person on Myspace, Tequila was offered to star in her own reality television series.
4. Her bisexual-themed dating show, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila (2007), aired for two seasons and became MTV’s second highest-rated series premiere of that year.
5. Born in Singapore and raised in Houston, Texas, Tequila moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to pursue her modeling career.
6. After being featured in numerous men’s magazines (including Playboy, Stuff and Maxim), she made her reality television debut on the VH1 show Surviving Nugent (2003).
7. Besides her career in modeling and television, Tequila also pursued her career as a recording artist and author.
8. After being the lead singer of the bands Beyond Betty Jean and Jealousy, she launched her solo career.
9. Her debut single “I Love U” was released in 2007 to mixed reviews.
10. Despite having strong online sales, the song failed to enter any charts.
11. Tequila followed with several independently released singles, including “Stripper Friends” and “Paralyze”.
12. In 2010, she released her second EP Welcome to the Dark Side.
13. Her book, Hooking Up With Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party was published in 2008.
14. Nguyen was born in Singapore, where her family emigrated from Vietnam after the Vietnam War. She is the youngest of three children born to a French-Vietnamese mother and Vietnamese father.
15. While in middle school, Nguyen was sent to a boarding school for six months for her combative behavior before transferring to another school. and joined a gang.
16. She was given the nickname “Tila Tequila” by friends due to her apparent allergy to alcohol. In her memoir, she would later explain that she felt “confused” and “lost” from various personal family and environmental issues and lost her virginity at 15.
17. She turned to writing poems in an attempt to release powerful emotions, and friends outside the gang briefly helped turn her life around.
18. At age 16, Nguyen ran away to Queens, New York, for several months. While still 16, she experienced a drive-by shooting in Houston.
19. She reports having become pregnant and suffering a miscarriage the following year.