1. Keri Lynn Hilson (born December 5, 1982) is an American singer, songwriter, actress and record producer.
2. She was born and raised in Decatur, Georgia, and spent most of her youth working with producer Anthony Dent, as a songwriter and background vocalist for several R&B and hip hop artists.
3. By the age of 14, Hilson had secured a record deal with the girl group D’Signe, who later disbanded.
4. She attended Oxford College of Emory University and Emory University in Atlanta, while she continued writing songs for artists, including Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige, with the production and songwriting team, The Clutch.
5. In 2006, Hilson signed with American rapper and producer Timbaland’s record label, Mosley Music.
6. Her breakthrough came the following year after appearing on Timbaland’s single “The Way I Are”, which topped charts around the world.
7. Hilson’s music style is generally R&B, hip hop and pop; womanhood, sexual intimacy and love are typical themes.
8. Her musical influences come from her father’s side of the family.
9. Hilson’s debut studio album, In a Perfect World…, was released in 2009, and debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200 chart, eventually being certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
10. The album spawned the hit singles, “Knock You Down”, “Turnin Me On” and “I Like”.
11. It also earned Hilson two Grammy Award nominations for Best New Artist and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for “Knock You Down”.
12. Her second studio album, No Boys Allowed, was released in 2010 and was considerably less successful than its predecessor; however, it included the single, “Pretty Girl Rock”.
13. Besides her musical career, Hilson has also contributed to various charities and pursued a career in acting, but she continues to record and perform music.
14. She has contributed in the fight against HIV and AIDS, helped various relief efforts for natural disasters, and become involved with several educational organizations.
15. In 2012, Hilson made her acting debut in the romantic comedy film, Think Like a Man.
16. Her achievements include a BET Award, MOBO Award, NAACP Image Award and two Soul Train Music Awards.
17. I have had many , but it’s all for a good cause.
18. The label wants to make sure the album has its proper release, and I’m thankful for that.
19. “Return the Favor”, featuring Timbaland, served as the second international single from Hilson’s In a Perfect World… album, while “Turnin Me On” featuring Lil Wayne, was released as the second US single.
20. Hilson performed “Slow Dance” with The Roots on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on September 18,2009.
21. It’s more about women understanding that there comes a time in your life when you want a man.
22. During an interview on 106 & Park on October 25,2011, Hilson revealed that she has already begun recording her third studio album. She explained, “There’s some people in the world that aren’t gon’ like this album coming from me.
23. As I was experiencing the world, there were things that I was also experiencing on a personal front, and in my music it’s coming out.