1. Tara Leigh Patrick (born April 20, 1972), better known by her stage name Carmen Electra, is an American glamour model, actress, television personality, singer, and dancer.
2. She gained fame for her appearances in Playboy magazine, on the MTV game show Singled Out, on the TV series Baywatch, and dancing with the Pussycat Dolls, and has since had roles in the parody films Scary Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster Movie.
3. Electra has English, Irish, German, and Dutch ancestry, and was very close to her family.
4. She said of her mother, “My mom was my rock,” and described her older sister Debbie as being “like a second mother to me.”
5. After Debbie moved to Illinois, Electra said her life “revolved around my mom.
6. She was my best friend, in my life 24/7 whether I wanted her there or not.”
7. Electra started her professional career in 1990 as a dancer at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio, in the show “It’s Magic”, one of the more popular shows in the park’s history. In 1991, she moved to California and met Prince.
8. Soon after, Electra signed a recording contract with Prince’s Paisley Park Records and began a short-lived singing career.
9. During her time at Paisley Park Records, she officially became known as Carmen Electra.
10. In May 1996, she was featured in a nude pictorial in Playboy magazine, the first of several.
11. This exposure led to higher profile television appearances, including Baywatch (cast member in 1997 1998, as Leilani “Lani” McKenzie) and MTV’s Singled Out.
12. Electra was featured in Playboy four more times: June 1997, December 2000, April 2003, and the January 2009 anniversary issue.
13. She was on the cover of the last three of these issues.
14. In 1997, Electra appeared in the films American Vampire and Good Burger (1997).
15. In 1997, Electra modeled for the covers of the comic books Razor and the Ladies of London Night by London Night Studios. Electra appeared in commercials for Maxim Men’s Hair Color products (2004 2005).
16. She is featured in some video spoofs of lonelygirl15 that advertised Epic Movie.
17. In 1999, she appeared in the Bloodhound Gang’s music video of “The Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope”.
18. That same year she appeared in the film The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human.
19. Electra’s 2000s feature film appearances include the horror film Scary Movie (2000).
20. In 2004 she appeared in the remake of the 1970s TV show Starsky & Hutch (2004), for which she won an MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss.
21. Her subsequent films during that decade include Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005); Scary Movie 4 and Date Movie in 2006; Epic Movie (2007); and Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie in 2008.
22. In 2002, an extinct species of fly was named Carmenelectra shechisme in honor of Electra’s “splendid somal structure”.
23. In 2004, Electra appeared as characters in the video game Def Jam: Fight for New York and as one of the celebrity challenges in the video game ESPN NFL 2K5.
24. 21), in which she portrayed herself as an injured golfer and an injured farmer, playing out House’s fantasy.
25. That same year, she joined the voice cast of the animated series Tripping the Rift, replacing Gina Gershon as the voice of the sexy android “Six”.