1. In the mid-1980s, when her two eldest children were at a nursery school and the family was in Bradfield Southend, Carole Middleton set up Party Pieces, a company that began by making party bags and went on to sell party supplies and decorations by mail order.
2. Following her graduation, Middleton briefly worked in 2008 at a public relations firm promoting luxury products.
3. She then had an events management job with Table Talk, a company based in London that organises corporate events and parties. although in the same Tatler article she was described as someone who “goes to a lot of parties, but mainly as the caterer.”
4. Penguin Books paid Middleton a £400,000 advance for a book on party planning.
5. The book, entitled Celebrate, was published in autumn 2012, and had lower than anticipated sales as many reviewers mocked it for the obviousness of its content.
6. She has contributed articles to The Spectator magazine since December 2012 She parted ways from The Telegraph in May 2014.