1. Mozhan Marnò is an American film and television actress of Iranian descent.
2. Her parents are from Iran and met in California. She was educated at Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts.
3. She received her BA in French and German comparative literature from Barnard College of Columbia University and her MFA in Acting from the Yale School of Drama.
4. Marnò played the title role in the 2008 film The Stoning of Soraya M., about a woman whose husband falsely accuses her of adultery, resulting in her death by stoning. In addition she has had roles in a number of television series including The Paul Reiser Show, The Glades, Hung, The Mentalist, Bones, The Unit, Medium, K-ville, and Standoff.
5. Marnò also appeared in the Untitled John Wells Medical Drama Pilot, which was not aired.
6. She can be seen as reporter Ayla Sayyad on seasons 2 and 3 of the acclaimed Netflix series House of Cards