1. At the age of twelve, Dunst gained widespread recognition as vampire Claudia in Interview with the Vampire , a role for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
2. She appeared in Little Women the same year and in Jumanji the following year.
3. Dunst recently appeared in the second season of the FX series Fargo and received a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film for her performance.
4. In 2001, Dunst made her singing debut in the film Get Over It, in which she performed two songs.
5. Dunst was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, to Inez and Klaus Dunst.
6. Until the age of eleven, Dunst lived in Brick Township, New Jersey, where she attended Ranney School. In 1993, her parents separated, and she subsequently moved with her mother and brother to Los Angeles, California, where she attended Laurel Hall School in North Hollywood.
7. In 1995, her mother filed for divorce. The following year Dunst began attending Notre Dame High School, a private Roman Catholic high school in Los Angeles.
8. After graduating from Notre Dame High School in 2000, Dunst continued the acting career that she had begun. As a teenager, she found it difficult to deal with her rising fame, and for a period she blamed her mother for pushing her into acting as a child.