1. DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials, after which he had recurring roles in TV series such as the soap opera Santa Barbara and the sitcom Growing Pains in the early 1990s.
2. Since the 2000s, DiCaprio has received critical acclaim for his work in a wide range of film genres.
3. His subsequent films include The Man in the Iron Mask which also marked his first of many collaborations with director Martin Scorsese.
4. As well as these DiCaprio was also acclaimed for his performances in the political war thriller Blood Diamond .
5. In addition to acting, DiCaprio owns a production company named Appian Way Productions.
6. After Parenthood, DiCaprio had bit parts on several shows, including The New Lassie and Roseanne, as well as a brief stint on the soap opera Santa Barbara, playing the young Mason Capwell.
7. His involvement in Parenthood and the daily soap earned him a nomination for the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor each.
8. Director Lasse Hallström admitted he was initially looking for a less good-looking actor but finally settled on DiCaprio as he had emerged as “the most observant actor” among all auditionees. the film became a financial and critical success, resulting in a domestic box office total of US$9.1 million and various accolades for DiCaprio, who was awarded the National Board of Review Award and nominated for both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for his portrayal.