1. In 2000 Holmes featured in Wonder Boys which got positive attention from many leading critics.
2. Many critics and audiences agreed that Holmes had given her best performance in the film as April.
3. Her marriage to actor Tom Cruise led to a great deal of media attention, with the pair being called a supercouple and given the nickname “TomKat”.
4. Holmes was born in Toledo, Ohio. She has three sisters and one brother.
5. Holmes was baptized a Catholic and attended Christ the King Church in Toledo.
6. Eventually, Holmes was signed to an agent after performing a monologue from To Kill a Mockingbird. An audition tape was sent to the casting director for the 1997 film The Ice Storm, directed by Ang Lee.
7. She was cast in the role of Libbets Casey, in the film which starred Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver.
8. In January 1997, Holmes went to Los Angeles for pilot season, when producers cast and shoot new programs in the hopes of securing a spot on a network schedule.